Saturday, September 19, 2015

Review: The Selection Series by Kiera Cass (Spoiler Free)

The Selection Series by Kiera Cass


The Selection Series includes four books and many novellas. From what I know, it was originally meant to be a trilogy, but the author just published a fourth book, five days ago.

The series includes:
The Trilogy: The Selection, The Elite, and The One
The New Book: The Heir (20 years later than the trilogy)
The Novellas: The Prince, The Guard, The Queen and Happily Ever After (a collection of all the novellas already listed, and many more)

Summary (The Selection):
For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

My Review (Spoiler Free):

If I had to rate this series I would give it nearly 5 stars. I read the first three books, and two of the novellas in three days. My friend, who adores the series, insisted that I read it. I wasn't sure when I first started The Selection. The first couple of chapters were a bit odd, since there was a lot of world building, but I got into it very easily after that. 

I don't usually love futuristic books, but this one swept me off my feet. It was amazing to read from America's point of view what it was like to be Selected, to fight for the heart of a Prince. America's personality was so amazing and loveable, and she acted like a real person. I was laughing and crying, and feeling every emotion possible as I read this book. I wish I could forget what happened in the book, just so I could read it and experience it for the first time again.

I would recommend this series to anyone, whether or not you like romance or futuristic books. I think there are elements that anyone would like in this series, and you'll definitely fall in love with at least one character in the series.

Please let me know your thoughts of this series in the comments :)

Hope you have a fantastic day/evening/night

BooksAreBetterThanPeople



No comments:

Post a Comment