Friday, September 25, 2015

Sophia by Writersmagnet

Sophia: Sophia Holt was always the weird one in a crowd. Not only was she an orphan, but weird things happened around her. When she learned she was a demigod, she finally found a place where she belonged, until the one person she cared about was kidnapped by a particularly vengeful goddess with a plot to overthrow the gods. Can Sophia save Melina and warn the gods before it's too late?


I'll admit, it's been a little while since I read this book. However, I do remember liking it a lot, and even re-reading it a couple times.
"Sophia" is the first book in a Percy Jackson fanfiction Trilogy. These books are written by Writersmagnet on Wattpad.
The thing I really like about this story is how original it is, and how it doesn't really rely on the Percy Jackson characters. Don't get me wrong, the characters are in the book, and I do like fanfiction with Percy Jackson characters in it (hence the reason I read fanfiction), but with this book, the original characters were great. Like I said before, the book, the characters, didn't rely on the other characters. They had their own lives.
Another thing I really liked was that the author made good prophecies that went with the plot. A lot of fanfics don't have prophecies, the characters kinda just go on a quest. The plot was also just pretty creative in general.
And can we just take a moment to appreciate that cover? I love the cover of all the books in the Trilogy, especially this one and the second one. They're so pretty. And I know, you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, and all that, but let's be honest: we all do. And this book's cover is so freaking beautiful. 

Moving on... Have you guys read this book? Did you like it? Do you agree with what I said? Let me know in the comments!

I hope you have an amazing day/evening/night,

BooksAreBetterThanPeople



No comments:

Post a Comment