Friday, September 18, 2015

The Mentor by pizzaluver

*The Mentor: 200 pupils from a school have been selected to take part in a competition. Rosemarie Tresdale is one of these. Her school has been chosen to select 200 boys and girls aged between 15 and 18 to take part in 'The Mentor', a new TV singing show where kids are sent to live with a famous singer for 5 months, and the celebrity has the time to turn them into singing sensations. All the big names are taking part, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Big Time Rush... And of course, One Direction! How hard can it be?

I'm not much of a One Direction fan, but this fanfiction swept me off my feet. I'll admit I have pretty low expectations for any One Direction fanfiction, but The Mentor was tons of fun to read.

Rose is such a loveable character and narrated the story in a hilarious way. She's confident and funny, but, like all humans, has her flaws. As time goes on, you realize her life isn't as perfect as it seems to be, but she continues to hold her high through everything. And in the moments when she breaks down and remembers the hardships of her life, you just fall in love with her even more.

Even though I know all the plot twists, and how the story ends, I constantly find myself re-reading this book. Without fail, I laugh and sob and love the story every time I read it.

Rose isn't the only great character in this book. Her friends, One Direction, and heck, even some of her teachers are fun to read about too! I have to admit, although I adore Rose, I think my favourite character in the fanfic is her best Mads, who's honestly just so loveable.

The Mentor is filled with hilarious conversations, sabotage, a few sad scenes sprinkled in, and of course some forbidden love. I would recommend you go read it right now!



Check out the trailer by Jessica Stylxs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_vtle5vlNw


*From what I know this book is only on Wattpad.


Have you read The Mentor? Did you like it as much as I did? Do you agree with what I said? Let me know what you think of the book in the comments!


Hope you have an awesome day/evening/night,


BooksAreBetterThanPeople



No comments:

Post a Comment