Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Always Love Yourself

This isn't something I would normally post on here, but I think it's important to talk about.
(And sorry this isn't a normal upload day)

Everyone feels insecure at least once in their life. Most people feel insecure on a daily basis. People keep trying to spread the message, but I find that it doesn't really work. My reaction is often either "Sure, that's easy for you to say" or I don't think they really mean what they said.
But I'm telling you this with complete honesty, from the bottom of my heart. Everyone is equal- it doesn't matter what colour your skin is, whether you are male or female (Yes, transgender people are the gender they identify themselves as), your sexuality, or anything. 
The thing everyone needs to remember is that everyone around you has felt insecure before. Everyone around you has hated their body. They think they're fat or they don't like their hair or the way their glasses look on their face. They look at other people and think "Why can't I look like them?" But here's the thing. The person you just looked at? The one you think is beautiful? They probably think they're ugly. They feel just as insecure as you do, and maybe they even wish they looked like you.
Everyone is going through the same thing. The thing is, what everyone is trying to tell you is that you should love yourself. And that is important. But you know what is just as important? Stop comparing yourself to other people. Because everyone has something they want to change about themselves. People see their own flaws, and other people's perfections. 
For example: I used to always hate my curly hair. I thought it was ugly and horrible and I wished that I could have straight hair like my friends. But you know what they said to me? They said I was lucky, because they wanted curly hair like mine. 
So love yourself. Love everything from the colour of your skin, to your beautiful hair, to even your braces (I think braces look so pretty!). And remember that there is always someone out there who wishes they could look like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment