Friday, October 16, 2015

Ravenclaw Symbol (Day 3 of Harry Potter Week)

This is honestly so true! It would make so much more sense for it to be a raven. I'm sure there's some reason for it being an eagle, because the eagle's linked to smartness somehow, but then wouldn't it make sense for the house to be called EagleClaw?
It's such a basic thing that I actually didn't really think about until I saw this post. I know none of the other houses have the same name as their symbol, but none of the other houses have an animal in their name. To be fair though, 'Slytherin' does remind me of 'snake.'
Since everything else in the Harry Potter series is so well planned out, I think there is a reason for it being an eagle. 
I just think it's funny that something so simple isn't there. Even Dobby has a reason for being named that, but when it comes to Ravenclaw, they don't match up. If I were a student at Hogwarts (One can wish...), then I would probably assume that the symbol for RavenClaw was a Raven. It's just common sense.

What do you guys think? Do you agree with what I said? Let me know in the comments!
I hope you have a marvellous day/evening/night,

BooksAreBetterThanPeople

No comments:

Post a Comment