Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Sirius Black Is A Drama Queen

I don't know about you, but I adore Sirius Black (I mean, I like Remus better... but Sirius is pretty cool too). 
And he is definitely a HUGE drama queen. I don't know about any of you, but I love to read HP fanfics about the marauders. (If any of you have fanfiction.net, when you're browsing through HP fanfics, you can select "Marauder's Era" under "World").
And one of Sirius Black's characteristics that is in every fanfic is that he is a drama queen. Sirius always makes stuff a much bigger deal than it is, and he acts like everything life or death.
The funny thing is, Remus is the complete opposite of him. So whenever Sirius says something along the lines of, "Oh my god, I'm gonna die!" Remus is there to say, "Sirius, it's not that big of a deal." Then James will probably bring up Lily, and Peter will just stand there staring at all of them.
This definitely gives Sirius some trouble in The Prisoner of Azkaban, when they're talking in the Shrieking Shack. But I think it was a good idea to make him like that, because it makes him seem guilty. As readers (Or watchers if you're talking about the movies), we were constantly wondering what was going on. Sirius was acting guilty, but Professor Lupin trusted him... Were they conspiring against Harry? Were they evil? We were constantly wondering, trying to figure out what would happen next. 
By now, I think we've determined that J.K. Rowling is an amazing author who really thinks this stuff through, and will never cease to amaze us.

Well I guess that's a good place to end it. What do you think of Sirius Black? Do you love him? Do you agree with what I said?
Let me know in the comments! 

I hope you a magical day/evening/night,

BooksAreBetterThanPeople

No comments:

Post a Comment