Sunday, October 04, 2015

Voldemort's Age

I don't know why I love this post so much, I just do. I think my favourite part of it is the last line that says #don't do horcruxes.
I just love the fact that Voldemort would have lived longer if he hadn't attempted to become immortal. There's something poetic about that don't you think? 'If you seek immortality, you will die earlier than if you had just decided to live your life'. 
The problem that Voldemort had was that he wanted to live forever so much that he let it drive him to madness. He would do whatever, kill whoever, give up whatever it took to become immortal. He literally split his own soul so that he couldn't be killed.
And when he tried to kill Harry, so that Harry couldn't kill him, he died. Then he had to use other people to survive and still couldn't kill Harry. And then Harry murdered him.
Moral of the story is that Voldemort was messed up, and couldn't do the one thing literally anyone could do if they wanted: he couldn't kill a one-year-old, an eleven year-old, a twelve-year-old, a fourteen-year-old, a fifteen-year-old, a sixteen-year-old, or a seventeen-year-old boy. Literally anyone could do that except The Dark Lord.
Serves him right.

Personally, I'm not sure I would actually want to be immortal. I mean, I'm sure there are perks, but if you're immortal, then you'd have to watch everyone around you die, which I think could get pretty frickin lonely. 

QOTD: Do you think it's better to try and fail to become immortal or is it better to just live your life, even though you know you'll die one day?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Hope you have an amazing day/evening/night,

BooksAreBetterThanPeople

No comments:

Post a Comment